Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dillon Update

Dillon is doing great with his new diet. His coat looks wonderful, his eyes are more alert and richer in color and I think he looks much younger. I switched his diet this batch to fish, veggies and rice. I went to the fish market yesterday and they had a batch of just caught red snapper. So I bought the biggest one I could find for only 160 pesos. The exchange rate right now is 1 US to 13 Pesos. So in other words I bought an entire, large, just caught red snapper for about $14 US. I was psyched. I asked them to clean it and they de scaled it and put it in a bag for me and sent me on my way. I had the whole frigging fish in a bag knowing that I had to fillet it. This is where the language barrier comes in. I wanted them to fillet the fish for me but I was too insecure to tell them this because of the language barrier, or in my mind, clean meant fillet. Being the southerner I had seen a few catfish filleted in my day, so I had an idea of what to do, just not the right knives. So I pretty much butchered that bastard.


It took me about 6 hours to make his food, due to chopping, boiling and cooking but Dillon is good to go for a while. I will eventually dial it in but literally I spent a total of about $20 US for Dillon to eat really well for half a month. $14 for and entire fresh fish. $4 US for a boat load of broccoli, zucchini and carrots and a bag of rice for virtually free.
Dillon is eating much better than we are but he looks amazing and appears to be so much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments