Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Road Trip - Dia Tres I

We arrive at the truck border crossing at 7am and had to stop at the American side of the check point before moving on. The machine gun packing border guard, who resembled a GI Joe I once had, approached the driver side window and asked us where we were going. Out of habit I responded "to Mexico" and immediately realized I was a total idiot as I sit within yards of crossing the border. I quickly recovered and told him "Sayulita, Nayarit". He sent us on and we were off to the Mexican check point. Again, machine gun packing guards greeted us as we pushed the border button which decides whether we receive a more detailed inspection. "RED". Crap! This is bad. We pulled over into one of the inspection bays and waited for the guard to come over. A good thing John was with me to interpret because the border guard and I would have had a hard time communicating. Pretty cut and dry though. I had stuff. Some stuff that they didn't like that I had like power tools. The guard asked if I had a list of the items in the truck and I did. She took it over to her supervisor and after a brief conversation she came back and told us to move on. Next stop. Visa and car registration down the road a ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments