Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chacala




This past weekend was our first "weekend getaway" since we have moved here. And what a great weekend it turned out to be. We went to an area called Chacala about 1 hour north of Sayulita with six other families. It turned out to be about 14 adults and 13 kids ranging in age from 3 to 13. We rented three houses, two of which shared a swimming pool.

Chacala actually has a great surf break that you have to take a boat to get to. So we rented a boat pretty much for the weekend. A group went out to surf Friday night which sounded like a nightmare. After a night of eating, drinking and hanging out


another group went out Saturday at 7 am. The second group went out at around 9 am. The boat driver was just doing shuttles back and forth for us. Taking us out, bringing us in. It was great! Ozzy went out Friday night (he can explain how much fun that was) and he went out again first shift on Saturday morning (he can tell you how much fun that was) I went out second shift Saturday morning and it was awesome. Large, gentle waves, with power to pick you up and take you along for the ride without closing on top of you. It was a left break. I have never surfed a left which scared me a little because if I didn't turn it left I was going to end up in a heap of rocks. I talk like I know what I am taking about and I do a little I am a very beginner surfer and have a lot to learn. But these waves were so much fun and I caught some pretty awesome waves.
Not only was the surfing great but the company was great as well. The kids had such a good time. The had their buddies right there in the same house, a private pool and another few pools at the beach club.

I honestly missed my kids because I did see them most of the weekend. Don't worry, there was always an adult watching the kids, but they wanted nothing to do with mom and dad. They had a blast and all weekend I just kept thinking how lucky they are to have this opportunity, these friends.

The first night Trace stayed up until 11 pm partying. Played hard on Saturday and Sunday. Alex played super hard as well and actually on Saturday she crawled out of the pool and said "I'm done" and wanted to take a nap. Which they both did. They were dragging Sunday and totally crashed in no time on the way home.

Thank you all for such a great weekend. We will miss you for the next month or so and look forward to another amazing trip when you return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments