Saturday, February 11, 2012

Grey Day


Today was the first day that is has rained here in Sayulita, during the day, since we arrived in October. I was working last week in the states and Ozzy was working here in the garage so the beach has not been in the plans as of late. After being in rainy SLC I was craving me some sunshine and couldn't wait to get out to the beach today, as well as the kids, Dillon and Ozzy. I awoke this morning to a rainy, grey day. We ate breakfast thinking that we would just prolong our beach visit until it "burned off". We actually loaded up the car with all the gear and I planned to sit under an umbrella and read, as the kids let out some much needed energy in the waves. You are at the beach and in the water, seriously like rain is going to hurt, right? After it started down pouring I thought that maybe I would rather stay home.

Actually we probably would have gone but I could just see the kids being cold and not into it so I put the kabash on the days plans. So we stayed home and it was very nice. It was like a fall day where you just stay inside and hang out. The kids and I spent some much needed time together doing "american" homework, reading books, playing blocks and other games, undisturbed, quality time. Then they watched a movie while I read and did some Spanish homework. It was quite pleasant. We had nothing to do and nowhere to be and didn't want to be outside. The sun was not pressuring us to soak upon her rays. Actually it was a perfect day to watch football. Too bad we don't have a TV and, oh yeah, football ended last weekend. Who played again?

The weather brought with it amazing sunsets yesterday and today as well. All of the dust is knocked down, the trees are clean, green and smiling and we are rested for hopefully a sunny day at the beach tomorrow. We love the sun but a rainy day now and then replenishes the soul and makes the earth smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments