Friday, December 23, 2011

Life

The holidays are upon us, actually almost over. Finally! The holidays to a junior flight attendant, yes, 15 years is junior, means non stop working for the last half of both November and December. November worked out well because I was in Mexico for the first half of the month. December is another story. I only got to be with my family for five days. Kinda sucks. Part was self inflicted, I chose to work more so I could take three months off, and the other part was due to the hard commute. If you are thinking of going to Puerto Vallarta nonstop from anywhere except Mexico City on a week day, except friday during some months, don't even waste your time looking for flights on Delta. So, for the better part of a month and a half I have been in and out of the slurpy, dirty air of Salt Lake City. Besides the poor air quality it has actually been great, especially this month. I am working a lot but am also in town a lot. Being pretty much single and childless I have had so much "me" time. It has been wonderful to catch up and spend hours with friends, just hanging out and talking for as long as I wish. Good quality time nurturing friendships, staying up late, sleeping in, watching movies, I actually went to a movie in the middle of the day, reading, practicing and learning my Spanish though not nearly enough. I went to an exercise class that I wouldn't normally do, my favorite zumba classes, I even swam. Good thing I had my new Jolyn bathing suit with me. It felt really good to be back in a bathing suit, too bad I was in Anchorage. I need to store all of this relaxation because when I get back I will be mom all the time for three months. Ozzy has been incredible, as always, doing all that has to be done. I left him with a lot on his plate, so now it is his time. I just wonder how long it will take until the kids quit calling me dad.

I am ready to go back though and live in Mexico instead of just saying that I live there. I miss my kids, husband, dog, the sun, my oZoboard, my kids, the food, clean air, minimal clothing, the people, the language, my kids, my husband. I am not complaining, we chose this life and knew at times that I would be gone a lot. It is what it is and I would not change a thing.

I have a great life! I am blessed to have what I do, with my family, friends, job, countries, freedom, love and support. Like I said before, I wouldn't change a thing.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments