Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I Wonder What He's Thinking



I ran across this picture today and just loved it.  Not sure why I didn't really see it before.  Anyways,  I can stare at this picture and so much goes through my mind, like, "I love his hair in this picture, I could just kiss him to death right now, the lighting that morning sure was beautiful,  those sets rolling in sure do look nice (you can see them by his right arm).  But also I am looking at this picture of my son, who is looking over our balcony at the Sayulita surf when the morning light is so beautiful and I want to know what is going through his head.  Since he is five years old and children are so present in the moment he is probably just looking at the surf because that is what we do in the mornings so we can plan our day or he is wondering where the Chachalacas are because they are making a lot of noise and he is pissed because they woke him up and why isn't my yogurt ready.    I, being a complicated, constantly thinking, oh so hopeful mother and adult, hope that he is thinking, "I am so happy,  I am very lucky and grateful that I am able to grow up here, life is wonderful, isn't this beautiful, I really hope that my parents are able to surf today."

He just came over as I was writing this post and saw the picture and I asked him what he was thinking and he said, "  I was just looking at the ocean, looking at the waves", in the sweetest little voice.  I just love the simplicity and innocence of the children.

If that was you, or your child in this picture we would love to hear what you or what you think or hope your child would be thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Great shot. I wonder if Trace looked at Terry washing the car in a similar way. Just soaking it all in. Miss you guys! Watcha doin?

    ReplyDelete

Comments