Monday, October 31, 2011

Thoughts from afar

I have been in the "states" for 10 days and am headed back home tomorrow night. It has been a mental trip. After getting over the initial culture shock and returning to work I was fine. As twisted as it sounds, whenever I am on a Delta airplane whether it be for work or nonreving I feel safe. It is my second home and when I am on it I am either with friends, making money or that bird is taking me to my loved ones, usually. The difference now is the feeling at the end of a trip. Before October 1, at the end of a trip I was practically jumping out of my skin to go home. Now I casually walk off the plane, not caring if I get a reroute because that may get me a place to sleep that night. I will go to the lounge, change clothes, talk to people and decide what to do until my next trip. I have had lots to do between taking care of unfinished business in Salt Lake or shopping for stuff to take back. I have noticed though that I really talk to friends now instead of the quick " hi, how are you, would love to talk but am in a hurry".


I also learned a little about myself being away from everything that wasn't going "right". I am a crazy freak. I don't know where I got the idea that I was "like super chill, mellow chick". I am high strung, anxious, nervous, etc when things aren't going well. When something happens I immediately, if not sooner run through every possible senario, and they usually are the worst possible and irrational senarios. I freak out in my mind, get very upset and usually get mad at Ozzy because I think that he doesn't care or have any emotions. When in actuality he is calmingly thinking and processing or even waiting for an answer before he gets upset or worried. I am the prime example of needing to "sleep on it". He has been wonderful down there with everything. Without his calmness I couldn't do it. Thank you Ozzy!! I have noticed while being in the states that I am starting to be more calm about situations, understanding that things will work out, maybe not now and the way I want them to, but they will. But I have also not had to deal with anything, except the truck that isn't doing too well. It may not drive great but it is working out wonderfully as my 2nd home. We should probably stay in Mexico until I AM the super chill mellow chick.

I want to thank Erin and Tyson and Carrie and Drew for a warm comfortable bed to sleep in, delicious food, wonderful company and too much wine. You all were so good to me and I really appreciate everything. I will be back.

It is time to head back south. My work is done, my kids are very missed, my husband needs a break, it is getting cold, my skin is dry, I need a good sweat session as well as a good paddle session in my new Jolyn bathing suit, Tacos Ivan, and a lick from Dillon....only after I work from DTW to LAX to SLC, sit around for four hours to take the allnighter to ATL then three hours later to MEX sit around for four hours and finally hope to get on the flight to PVR. It is all part of the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments