Saturday, September 11, 2021

The Surf Brands Arrive

I was only a matter of time.  Time marches on an it was inevitable.  The global surf and surf lifestyle brands have arrived.  With the completion of the hotel in the center of town, the retail spaces are premium locations for those who can afford it. A couple restaurants occupy some of the space but two well known, world wide surf brands have also moved it.  ROXY and BILLABONG.


I saw the arrival of big brands during my days back in Park City and it resulted in many of the smaller and locally owned operations closing. I wrote about the arrival of chain stores in Sayulita back in 2017. Fortunately, it appears that these stores will mostly offer their own clothing lines but I cannot be 100% certain.  All I know is that the chain stores cashing in on the Sayulita surf lifestyle have arrived.  They were not the necessarily the first chain stores in town but they will most certainly not be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments