Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nahui

We have driven past Nahui Beach many many times.  We are either taking the back roads to get home, or coming from the fish market and dropping in to one of our favorite surf spots to catch a few, or many, waves, running errands in Bucerias while the kids are in school.  Anyway, we have driven by here many times and always looked and thought it was a beautiful beach.  It is not surf break so we never stopped.  Until our friends, Mark and Brenda, invited to join them their with friends who were in town visiting.  We happily wanted to try something new so off we went.  This beach is beautiful!!  White sand, clear, blue water, gentle waves for the kids to play in.  The mountains in the background and even a live whale jumping show. This was a very different experience from the Sayulita beach.  I felt like I was on vacation.  Thank you Mark and Brenda, Eric and Olivia and your children for a great four hour vacation.


Looking north at Nahui Beach

Beautiful mountains in the background

Baby whale having a grand time 

Mom was not far away having her own fun

She makes a huge splash



I am on the beach not paying attention and I hear all this screaming, like a movie star just pulled up in a yacht.  I look up and the baby whale is slapping its' tail on the water like crazy.  So I quickly grab my camera and start taking pictures when its mom flies out of the water multiple times.  We see whales all the time from our house but these two were so close to the shore.  You can actually see the white water where the waves crash on the beach in the picture of mom jumping.

Happy Alex

Happy Trace


As I was trying to get more pictures from Brenda, she takes lots of good pictures, her backup computer crashed.  I felt horrible!!!  So, I don't have pictures of the group to post.  She is really good about documenting everything through pictures.  That day I was really good at laying on the beach and enjoying the company and my vacation.

Actually I did get a picture of Brenda

And the boys, including Dillon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments